Friday, August 15, 2008

Zoe- Dangerous when wet

We played softball last weekend. While we were ridiculously out of practice (it's been 8 years since either one of us picked up a bat), we were actually not bad. I might even go so far as to call Max a ringer. I will note that Max hit a HOME RUN to right field (right field was about 50 ft. shorter than left and center, but it takes SKILL to pull the ball that much for a righty- or at least a late swing). Zoe was quite excited by the game, attention, cheering, and big bottle of formula. Max and I took turns jiggling her on our laps to keep her amused. I was up and prepared to hand her off when I felt a little warm. Looking down I realized she had managed to not only wet herself, but me as well. Oh well, I still got a double!

Our next excursion with the imp was a friend's wedding (mid-week, 5pm). After rushing there from work, we were all set- multiple aliquots of formula, baby food, copious amounts of diapers, extra change of clothes. We did our trade off of baby handling and Zoe took it all quite well. She was one of the youngest there, and with the majority of the women around grandma age, she received even more attention than usual. Maybe it's the excitement, but she managed to repeat her feat of wetting herself and a parent at the same time (this time Max). The more formal occasion necessitated strategically placed diaper bag and untucked shirt for awhile, but Max weathered it well.







No comments: